As part of my fundraising for Team in Training, I am hosting a virtual run! This virtual run will be held in November 2012, with both 5k and 10k event options. Read all about it below, grab your friends, and fly away with us in the Tink in Training Virtual Run!
How to Participate
A virtual run is a race where you complete the distance you choose at your own location, on a day of your choosing, and you time yourself. You run, jog or walk either a 5k or 10k distance on your own or with friends, outside or on a treadmill. You can also choose to complete both events (but please complete them separately - that is, the first 5k of your 10k does not also count for a 5k entry).
You can complete your run at anytime from now until November 30, 2012.
How to Sign Up
Please register by November 23, 2012. Registration fees are as follows:
- 5k event - $15 CDN
- 10k event - $25 CDN
- Both events - $40 CDN
All proceeds will go to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada through my fundraising for Team in Training.
To sign up, use the Paypal "Donate" button below to send me your registration fee(s). Since there are different events with different price points, the "amount" field will be blank. Please fill in the appropriate amount. Please ensure your e-mail address mailing address are correct so I can reach you if you win a prize!
There are two race bibs for the events. The race bib has room for your name or the name of the person you are honouring with your run. Click on the images below to enlarge and print!
You can use this participant badge to share about this event on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.:
You will receive entries into the draw for finisher prizes as follows:
- One (1) entry for completing the 5k
- Two (2) entries for completing the 10k
- One (1) additional entry if you complete both events
- One (1) additional entry if you send in a picture of you with your bib to runningjennie(at)gmail(dot)com OR write a blog post about your run and email me the link (note - limited to one bonus entry only, even if you do both or do both events)
All participants will also receive a personalized finisher certificate and a virtual medal/finisher badge, which will be released following the event.
The following amazing companies have generously donated finisher prizes, which will be distributed by random draw amongst the virtual run participants! There will be one winner per prize unless otherwise noted. The drawing for the finisher prizes will be done on December 1, 2012, with the prize list to be posted here and the prizes to be sent out shortly afterwards. Stay tuned for detailed posts about each of these companies.
UPDATE (Nov 12/12): Please note the Knucklelights prize previously included in this list is no longer available, and will be replaced with a prize or prize pack of similar value (to be determined).
|Three (3) Bondi Bands|
NEW: (three (3) winners will receive one (1))
|One (1) $20 Tough Chik gift card|
|One (1) custom shirt|
(U.S. participants only)
|One (1) Bia Sport tech t-shirt|
|Personal training (one month of virtual training|
or one week (3 sessions) in-person if in Ottawa)
Please note the following "fine print":
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
- You must provide a valid e-mail address and mailing address when registering in order to be eligible to win a prize.
- Finisher prizes will be awarded randomly to the finishers in the events.
- If you are selected for a prize, you will be asked to provide proof of your completion time for your event(s) (e.g. a picture of your Garmin or treadmill, a screenshot from your smartphone app, etc.). The virtual run organizer will determine sufficient proof at her discretion.
- Only one (1) prize per participant, per event (to a maximum of two (2) prizes per participant), (unless there are fewer participants than prizes).
- Prizes will be awarded in the order listed above. If you win the MyRaceRagz coupon and live outside of the U.S., you will receive the next prize on the list.
- Additional prizes may be added to the list prior to the final drawing.
- Prizes will be replaced only if necessary, and with a prize of a greater or equivalent value at the discretion of the virtual run organizer.